- 5 banana peels
- Meat from 1 banana
- 0.5g Mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Dried chilis, to taste
- 15g Garlic
- 100g Banana shallot, chopped
- 20g Jalapenos
- 10g Turmeric
- 10 Curry powder
- Salt, to taste
Don’t know what to do with your leftover banana skins? Why not try this gorgeous recipe for Banana Peel Chutney
- Boil the peels for 15 minutes. Then, drain and chop them into small pieces.
- Sauté mustard seeds in oil until they start to pop.
- Add the red pepper flakes, garlic, and onion, and sauté until golden brown. Then, add the jalapeño and banana peels and cook for three more minutes.
- Add turmeric, curry powder, banana meat, and salt and then cook for about 5 minutes
- Put the mixture into a blender and blend until mostly combined. The consistency should be slightly lumpy.