- Difficulty: Easy
- 250g butter
- 500g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 whole eggs
- 250g milk
- 250g cream
- 2 onions
- 150g goat’s cheese
This caramelised onion and goats cheese quiche is quick and easy to make and perfect addition to any picnic
- Dice the butter and mix with the flour in a mixer or a robocoupe until sandy, then add the water and a pinch of salt.
- Mix until it only just comes together and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll the pastry out into a lined 10 inch ring and blind bake for 20 minutes at 175 0c.
- Remove the beans and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the base is dry and completely cooked through.
- Slice the onions and cook in a pan over a medium heat until completely caramelised.
- Spread the onions over the base of the cooked pastry case and crumble the goat’s cheese over the top.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and cream and season. Pour this into the pastry case.
- Bake at 150c for 30 minutes or until the mixture has just set but with a bit of a wobble still.
- Allow to cool at room temperature and serve warm