- 60g hazelnuts
- Pinch of salt
- 40g good quality, dark chocolate
- 60g Condensed milk (sweetened)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 115g cream cheese
- 30g icing sugar
- 60g whipped cream, plus more for topping if you wish
- 60g digestive biscuit crumbed
- 30g melted butter
This Decadent chocolate hazelnut cheesecake is a no bake individual cheesecake, because it wouldn’t be valentine’s day without some chocolate. Make first thing in the morning and leave it in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat the oven to 190°C. Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 10 mins tossing once or twice. Wrap the hazelnuts in a towel whilst hot and roll to remove the peel. Allow to cool.
- In a food processor, blitz the hazelnuts and a pinch of salt until smooth and (approx 8 minutes) remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, then stir in the condensed milk and maple syrup. Add this mixture to the hazelnuts and pulse until combined. Set aside (note this will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge in an airtight container and is basically Nutella).
- In a large bowl in a mixer, beat the cream cheese with the chocolate hazelnut mix and icing sugar until smooth, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Mix the digestive crumb with the melted butter and spoon into 2 large glasses (do not press this down too firm or you won’t be able to dig it out with a spoon later). Top with the cheesecake mix and smooth out the top. Allow to set for 4 hours minimum, finish with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings.