- 110g - prunes, pitted and and chopped
- 2 tbsp - coconut oil
- 75g - natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp - honey
- 80g - pumpkin seeds
- 20g - puffed quinoa
- 46g - hazelnuts, roasted and chopped
- 40g - dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp -Maldon sea salt
These Cocoa Hazelnut Bites are delicious balls of energy which are perfect as a snack on the run or to keep in your lunchbox for work. The dark chocolate in this recipe gives you that kick of chocolate that you crave whilst prunes add a natural sweetness.
- Blitz the prunes in a food processor and set aside.
- On a low heat melt together the coconut oil, peanut butter and oil then remove from the heat. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add in the prunes and mix to combine.Fold in the pumpkin seeds, puffed quinoa and chopped hazelnuts. Shape the mix into small bite size balls. Place on baking tray that has been lined with greaseproof paper.
- Either in a microwave or over a bowl of simmering water, melt the chocolate. Drizzle the chocolate over the bites and add a pinch of salt to each one.
- To add a little variety you can coat the balls in sesame seeds, coconut or coco powder.
- Allow to firm in the fridge for 20 minutes. These bites will keep in an air-tight container for 1 week.