- 5 unwaxed lemons
- 1L Vodka
- 750g Caster Sugar
- 700ml Boiling Water
To finish of your trip to Italy there is nothing quite like a glass of Limoncello, where you pour it over a gelato or drink it straight.
- Remove the zest from the lemons, taking care not to include any of the white pith as this will make it taste bitter.
- Put the zest in a large clean jar and pour over the vodka
- Cover with a tightly fitting lid and leave for a week, shaking the jar each day to agitate the mix.
- After a week, out the sugar in a heat proof bowl and pour over the boiling water, stirring until the sugar and dissolved.
- Add the vodka and zest and leave for another week, shaking the jar regularly.
- Strain into decorative bottles, adding a few stripes of lemon zest to each bottle and they’re ready!