- Serves: 4
- Cooks in: 30 Minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- 120g red or white quinoa
- ½ red onion
- 1 granny smith apple
- 100g walnuts
- ½ medium cucumber
- 200g feta cheese
- 20g extra virgin olive oil
- 20g apple vinegar
- ½ dill
Looking for a tasty alternative salad to go with your BBQ, this gorgeous apple, feta, quinoa and walnut salad is easy to make and delicious.
- Place 400g of water into a saucepan with a good pinch of salt and add the quinoa. Bing this to the simmer on the stove until all the liquid has pretty much been absorbed and the quinoa is cooked.
- Tip the quinoa out onto a tray or into a bowl to let it cool down.
- Finely dice the onion, apple and cucumber as best you can.
- Lightly crush the walnuts using your hands and stir these through the quinoa.
- Dice the feta cheese and gently stir through the mix, you don’t want to be too rough, or the cheese will completely break down.
- Now add in the oil, vinegar, roughly chopped dill and season to taste after giving it all another gentle mix
Your dish is ready to be served.