- Cauliflower stalk/or florets cut small - 100g
- Caster sugar - 25g
- White wine vinegar - 25g
- Carrots (peeled)- 500g
- Left over coffee grounds - 500g
- Rapeseed oil - 25ml
- Tinned chickpeas - 150g
- Cauliflower leaves - 600g
- Carrot top - 10g
- Nut free pesto - 50g
- Olive oil - 50g
Don’t throw away your used coffee grounds and cauliflower leaves. Try this fabulous dish and ensure nothing is wasted.
- Slice the cauliflower stalk/root as thinly as possible.
- Heat the white wine vinegar, caster sugar and 50g water until the sugar is dissolved and allow to cool.
- Toss the carrot in the rapeseed oil and place into a tray with some of the coffee grounds on the bottom and then cover with the rest of the coffee grounds and roast at 200ºC for 35 minutes or until the carrots are just cooked.
- Roast the chickpeas until they are a deep golden brown.
- Trim and wash the cauliflower leaves, the outer leaves will need the stalks removed, then roast at 250ºC for 3 minutes. This is just for flavour so it doesn’t matter if they are unevenly coloured or under cooked
- Blitz the pesto, olive oil and carrot tops/flat leaf parsley together
- Once everything has cooled, lightly wash the carrots and discard the coffee grounds.
- Cut the carrots, arrange the salad and serve