View more recipes
- Serves: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 100g melted butter
- 100g of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 350ml double cream
- 1kg of defrosted sweetcorn
- 10g salt
- 15g sugar
- 50g plain flour
- Pre heat the oven to 180c
- Brush a 12 inch cast iron pan with 35g of the butter and sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over the bottom.
- In large sauce pan heat the cream until it just starts to boil.
- Add the corn, salt and sugar and return to the heat, stirring occasionally until the mix is almost back to the boil.
- With the remaining butter make a paste with the flour and then add to the corn mix and heat until the liquid thickens.
- Pour into your cheese lined cast iron pan and top with the rest of the cheese
- At this stage you leave the mix in the fridge until needed. You will need to take out of the fridge an hour before cooking.
- Cook at 180c for 30 minutes, the mix should be golden brown and bubbling. If not return to the oven for 10 minutes