- Serves: 4
- Cooks in: 30
- Difficulty: Medium
- FOR THE MUFFINS
- 250g strong flour
- 30g oil
- 4g salt
- 7g sugar
- 4g instant yeast
- 175 ml tepid water
- FOR THE HOLLANDAISE
- 250g Melted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- FOR THE DISH
- Smoked salmon
- 2 Eggs per person
The weekend is the perfect time to cook a hot breakfast. Try this eggs royale! You can follow the video here.
English Muffin Method
- Place the flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl
- Add the oil and warm water and mix together. If working the dough by hand kneed to 20 minutes. With a machine with a dough hook, work it for about 10 minutes
- Cover the bowl with cling film or a cloth and let prove for 50 minutes.
- Knock back the dough and portion it into 4 rounds and place it in lightly oiled moulds. Here you can also add polenta to the moulds for a crumbly outside.
- Allow proving in the ring to get shape until the dough reaches the top of the ring. Bake between two trays at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Place a bowl over a steaming pot of water
- Add the lemon juice, salt and 3 egg yolks to the bowl
- Whisk the mixture continuously till light and foamy
- Add in the melted butter and whisk till the consistency is that of a mayonaise
- Slice your muffins in half and place some smoked salmon on each half
- Place a poached egg on each half
- Spoon the hollandaise on top of the eggs
- Optionally, add chives to top off your dish