- 50g Freshly Cut Fig Leaves
- 500g 85% chocolate
- 400ml Double Cream
- 200ml Milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- Pastry case
This recipe for Fresh Fig Leaf Tart with Ricotta is perfect to make during August when the fig leaves are at their most fragrant.
- Heat the cream and milk with the freshly picked fig leaves which have been smashed in a pestle and mortar.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and mix well
- Add the eggs, lightly beaten
- Place the empty blind baked tart case in the oven at 170c for 10 minutes
- Pour in the mix. Close the door, turn the oven off and leave the tart to set. This does take a few hours so either leave it in the oven overnight or for the rest of the day
- Enjoy with a dollop of ricotta