- 65g butter, softened
- 130g dark brown sugar
- 130g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 tsp cardamom, ground
- a pinch of cloves, ground
- Boiling water
- Double cream
Great for a post walk warm up, this hot buttered rum is a twist on the traditional Hot Toddy.
- First, combine the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and cloves in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined; this will be the base for your hot buttered rum.
- Use immediately, otherwise transfer the mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate until you’re ready to use.
- To make each drink, scoop 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of the buttered spice mixture into a small mug or heat-proof glass.
- Pour 60ml of boiling hot water into the cup and stir together until the mixture is dissolved completely.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of double cream and stir until creamy. Add water to taste or another drop of cream for a little extra richness.