- 3kg minced lamb
- 3 x 800g cans of chickpeas
- 100g harissa
- 100g Ras el hanout
- 100g Coriander
- 50g mint
- 1kg red onion
- 200g garlic
If you’re looking for ways to reduce the amount of meat you eat, try this gorgeous recipe for lamb kofta where half the amount of lamb is replaced with chickpeas.
- Drain the chickpeas and roast with half the spice until there is no moisture left (around – 30mins).
- Finely dice the red onions and sauté with the garlic.
- Blitz the chickpeas with the soft herbs until resembling fine crumbs
- Place the lamb mince, sauté onion, garlic, chickpea crumbs and the rest of the spices in the mixer and mix for 5 mins until thoroughly mixed.
- Weigh out 140g balls then shape on a skewer.
- Brown on the grill, then roast for 12-15 mins.