- Difficulty: Very easy
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 leek washed and finely sliced
- 1 large maris piper potato (about250g)
- 1 carrot
- 400g nettles (washed)
- 50g butter diced
- 50ml double cream
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
Quick and easy this nettle soup makes a healthy and delicious lunch
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, leek and potato, and cook for 10 mins until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the stock and cook for a further 10-15 mins until the potato is soft.
- Add the nettle leaves, simmer for 1 min to wilt, then blend the soup.
- Season to taste, then stir in the butter and cream.
- Serve the soup drizzled with extra oil and scattered with dead nettle flowers, if you have them.