- 1.5kg - Pork belly (de-boned/de-skinned)
- 150g - Char sui sauce
- 100g - Ginger
- 80g - Garlic
Sticky with a hint of spice this recipe for Pork Belly Glazed in a Char Siu Sauce is a must try
1. For the brine bring 2lt of water to the boil, add 200g of salt and ginger, garlic and star anise and allow to cool.
2. Once cool place pork in the brine for 8 hours or overnight
3. After 8 hours, remove pork and rinse. Place on a trivet and cook overnight at 78°C
4. Allow to cool or cook at 200°C for 1 hour and then turn down to 150°C for 2 hours and allow to cool and then portion.
5. Glaze with the char-sui sauce, reheat and serve.