- Serves: 4
- 1 tbst Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 celery stick, finely chopped
- 300g arborio rice
- 1 courgette, diced
- 50g fresh broad beans
- 50g fresh peas
- 50g green beans, cut into 2cm lengths
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 1.5L vegetable stock
- 25g cold butter, diced
- 25g parmesan, grated
- 1/4 bunch mint, chopped
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
We are use to bringing a taste of Italy into our home with fabulous pizzas and pastas, but there is nothing quite like a classic risotto to give you a taste of the real Italy.
- In a saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a gentle simmer.
- Heath the olive oil in a separate saucepan, add the onion and celery and good until the onion is translucent. Add the rice and stir until each grain of rice is covered in olive oil
- At this stage the rice grains will become shiny. Add the white wine stirring continuously until 3/4 of the wine has evaporated.
- Start by adding 2 ladles of vegetable stock, stirring until the liquid has evaporated. Add more stock and continue to do so until the rice has cooked, 20-25 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add the courgettes, peas, broad beans and green beans.
- Once all the vegetable and rice are cooked, remove from the heat. Beat in the cold butter and parmesan, then add the mont and parsley and leave it to rest for 5 minutes, then serve immediately.