- Serves: 4
- 3 red onions cut into 8
- 2 peppers cut into chunks
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 3 potatoes (400g) peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in and skin removed
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
This dish for roast chicken tray bake is a great all in one dish which also helps towards your five a day. You can easily substitute ingredients in this dish like sweet potatoes instead of normal potatoes or add in extra vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan /gas mark 6
- Place the onions, peppers, carrots and potatoes in a baking tray along with the olive oil. Toss together with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the chicken by rubbing garlic, chilli flakes and thyme into the thighs. Allow to marinade until ready for the oven.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and place the chicken thighs in-between the vegetables. Return to the oven and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Mix chicken stock cube with 200ml of water. Pour over the roasted chicken and vegetables and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is finished, remove from the oven. Add the lemon zest and juice and gently toss the chicken and vegetables to evenly distribute the lemon, serve and enjoy.