- 1 apple, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 3-4tbsp, light brown sugar
- 180ml orange juice
- 80ml brandy
- 750ml Spanish fry red wine
- Ice ti chill
When thinking of Spain, sangria comes to mind. This delicious and simple recipe adds to your Spanish experience.
- Put the apples, oranges and sugar into a large pitcher and muddle with a muddle or wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
- Add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds
- Add the red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust the flavour as needed.
- Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as it is, or with a bit more ice. Garnish with orange segments (optional)
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 48 hours, though best served when fresh.