- 440g plain flour
- 50g baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80g butter
- 40g sultanas
- 150ml double cream
- 150ml milk
- 80g caster sugar
These scones have to be the perfect accompaniment to any picnic, the only questions is, is it jam or cream first?
- In a bowl rub the butter into the flour with your hands or you could do this in a mixing machine until all the butter has been incorporated
- Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients together in the bowl and stir to make sure it’s all even.
- Add milk and cream and mix till just combined.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 1 hour to let the dough relax.
- Roll out on to the work surface and cut to whatever size and shape to like but don’t roll it too thin! Should be about 3cm high
- Glaze with either egg or just milk
- Bake at 200c for 10 mins