- Serves: 4
- 4 fillets - Sea Bass
- 1 - Lemon
- 4 tbsp - olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 50ml dry white wine
- 1/2 aubergine, small diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- Few sprigs - thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 bunch basil
Provencal vegetables are a classic French dish which can be served with fish, white meat or simply as a side. This dish is sure to bring the flavours of France into your home!
- Heath 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add the shallots, garlic and a pinch of salt and cook until soft.
- Add peppers, courgettes and thyme then cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until three quarters of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the aubergine and tomatoes then cook on a moderate heat for 10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. Once cooked, add the chopped basil for seasoning and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a non-stick frying pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Score the skin of the sea bass, then season the flesh side with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, add the sea bass – skin side down. Only add one or two pieces of fish to prevent overcrowding the pan.
- Cook the sea bass for 5 minutes, all the way through on the skin side, flipping only once in this process to achieve a crispy skin. Once cooked, finish it with a squeeze of lemon and serve with Provencal vegetables.