- Cooks in: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- 400g Banana shallots peeled
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1x 320g ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- 80g good quality cheddar
- A few springs of fresh thyme and some fresh ground black pepper
Easy to make and the perfect addition to any picnic this shallot and Dijon mustard tart can be made before the day, so there’s no last minute panic.
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Cut the shallots into four lengthways
- Lay out the pastry on a baking tray lined with baking parchment
- Spread with the Dijon mustard leaving a 2.5cm border aroundthe edge.
- Arrange the flat shallot slices over the top, then scatter over the cheddar, thyme and black pepper.
- Transfer to the oven for approx 30 mins.
- Cool to room temperature before cutting.