- 2kg potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of thyme, leaves picked off
- ½ bunch of rosemary
- 1 shoulder of lamb about 2kg
- 1 head of garlic, peeled
- 600ml chicken stock
Easy to make and delicious this slow cooked lamb shoulder makes a gorgeous meal
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Mix the potatoes, onions and thyme leaves together in a bowl and season. Roughly layer the potatoes and onions in a roasting tray and put the lamb on top, skin-side up.
- Use a knife to pierce the lamb all over, then put a clove of garlic into each hole with a sprig of rosemary.
- Pour over the chicken stock. Put the baking tray in the oven and roast the lamb for 4-5 hours, until the lamb is tender and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove the tray from the oven, cover it with foil and leave the lamb to rest for 20 minutes before carving.