- 1kg apricots
- 200g red onion, chopped
- Thumb size piece ginger, grated
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 red chillies
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp black peppercorn, coarsely crushed
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp coriander
- 1tsp garam masala
- 400ml cider vinegar
- 450g granulated sugar
Apricots make a great jam, but how about trying something a little different in this gorgeous recipe for Apricot chutney.
- Place all the ingredients in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Bring up to the boil, then simmer for 1 hour until all items are fully cooked.
- Blend or mash according to your preference.
- Pour into a sterilised jar, filling to the top