We had a wonderful evening revealing the winners of our 2024 FOODIES Awards, with the top award decided by the company’s founders going to David Jobe.
David, a chef manager at a BM site in East London, was recognised with the Founders’ Award for his positivity and can-do attitude, resulting in consistently high performance in audits and customer satisfaction. A talented chef, he was described as an ‘outstanding ambassador’ and commended for enriching the customer experience through his support in creating authentic and exciting food concepts.
Last year, David played a huge role in developing and launching BM’s Pop up Pioneers.
Innovative in all we do
Meanwhile, marketing designer Jessica Galan Diaz, who has been with the business for nearly four years, was recognised with an award for innovation.
She initially started working with the marketing team part-time, splitting her week with a general assistant role. Now, she is a thriving full-time designer, applying her interior design skills and catering experience to redesign client restaurants, putting the customer experience at the forefront.
Meanwhile, chef-manager Stuart Elliott won the entrepreneurial award for his “incredible attitude” and leading a team that has helped BM win a significant amount of new business.
Angus Brydon, joint MD, BM Caterers, said: “It was brilliant to get together once more to celebrate all the amazing people who make BM what it is. David exemplifies the essence of the BM family. His consistency, dedication, and entrepreneurial spirit contribute significantly to our reputation and overall success. He demonstrates that every role, no matter the size or glamour, is crucial to our collective success.”
Awards were also presented to team members to recognise five, 10, 15 and 20 years of loyal service with the company.
The winners included:
• Founders’ Award: David Jobe, chef manager
• Fundamentally food: Gareth Ruck, executive head chef
• Obsessive about our people: Dileta Marques, general manager
• Open & honest: Maeve D’Angelo, general assistant
• Dedicated to our customers: Paul Karengesha, general assistant
• Innovative in all we do: Jessica Galan Diaz, marketing designer
• Entrepreneurial teams: Stuart Elliott, chef-manager
• Support you can trust: Charles Mamengi, kitchen porter
• The Gregory Hall Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity Award: Marie Phalippou, deputy hospitality manager
BM’s FOODIES Awards are given to team members that embody the company’s FOODIES values: Fundamentally food, Obsessive about our people, Open and honest, Dedicated to our customers, Innovative in all we do, Entrepreneurial teams, and Support you can trust.