- 500g - tofu (pressed overnight)
- 25ml - dark soy sauce
- 5g - sesame oil
- 5 - birds eye chillies
- 0.5g - Sichuan
- 0.5 - bunch spring onions (45g)
- 0.5g - peppercorns
- 50g - peanuts
- 50ml - soy sauce
- 25ml - shaohsing rice wine
- 40ml - black rice wine vinegar
- 50ml - vegetable stock
- 5g - cornflour
Add a bang to your tofu dish with this tasty recipe for Gunpowder Tofu
- Press the tofu between 2 steamer trays overnight to remove excess water
- Cut into cubes and mix with the soy and leave to sit for 1 hour
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Using a wok and a small amount of the oil, sear the tofu in batches. When it’s all browned, remove from the pan and set aside
- Snip the stems from the chillies and shake out the seeds. Add the remaining oil and cook the chillies for 1 minute, shaking the pan constantly to prevent them burning.
- Add the tofu back in with the peppercorns, spring onions and peanuts, then stir-fry for 1 min more.
- Add the sauce and stir for a few mins more until thickened.
- Serve with rice noodles and Asian slaw