- Serves: 5
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1.2kg half leg of lamb
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Almond apricot Zhoug crust
- 35g flaked almonds.
- 50g dried apricots
- ½ lemon, zest
- 1 tsp Zhoug paste.
- 20g flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Looking for a beautiful seasonal dish to celebrate the coronation how about this juicy Coronation leg of lamb with a almond, apricot and zhoug crust.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc
- Rub the lamb with the olive oil and season.
- Place in a small roasting tin and cook for 30 minutes, until brown all over
- For the crust, almonds, apricots, lemon zest and parsley together in a small processor until roughly combined.
- Add the olive oil and pulse to a coarse paste. Season.
- Remove the lamb from the oven coat with Zhoug then pat the crust onto the skin. Return to the oven, lower the heat to 170ºc, until cooked to your liking.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.