- 1kg Heritage tomatoes (or just the best tomatoes you can)
- 75g red wine vinegar
- 75g sugar
- 50g water
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch of dill
This Heritage tomato and herb salad A light and refreshing salad to go with your weekend BBQ.
- Place the oil, vinegars, sugar and water into a saucepan and heat to a boil then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly
- Cut tomatoes however you like but into about 4 pieces so still a good size, place into a tray or container and pour over the vinegar mix.
- Let this sit for an hour or two at room temp mixing every known and then.
- To plate, spoon out onto a serving dish, drizzle the dressing over the top along with a good pinch of sea salt and a few sprigs of dill.