- Difficulty: Very easy
- 200g young nettle leaves
- 40g strong English cheddar (that’s right, let’s make this 100% British)
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 300 to 400ml rapeseed oil (depending how loose you want the pesto)
If you want to make the most of the abundance of nettles try this lovely recipe for nettle pesto, it’s quick, easy and stores in the fridge for up to one week.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Blanch the nettle leaves quickly, then drain and chill under the cold tap.
- Thoroughly drain again, and squeeze out as much water from the leaves as you can
- Very finely chop and chill until needed.
- Mix all the ingredients together and store in the fridge for up to 1 week