- FLAT BREAD - MAKES 20
- 560g strong white flour
- 100g strong wholemeal flour
- 20g of salt
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- LAMB ADANA KEBAB
- 1kg lamb mince (70% shoulder meat /30% tail fat)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ bunch of parsley
- ¾tbsp salt
- 1tsp Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- ½tbsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp paprika
- 2tsp Pul Biber (Turkish chilli flakes)
- AUBERGINE PUREE SERVES 6-8
- 4 aubergines
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp tahini
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1tsp salt
- CUCUMBER, TOMATO, PARSLEY AND SUMAC SALSA - SERVES 5
- 2 tomatoes fine dice
- 1 cucumber fine dice
- 30g parsley finely chopped
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp sumac
- Salt to taste
- KEBAB SHOP CHILLI SAUCE - 8 SERVINGS
- 100g white onion
- 50g carrot
- 40g celery
- 30g red chilli
- 25g fresh garlic
- 35g Rapeseed oil
- 300g good quality tinned tomatoes
- 200g reduced lamb stock (or lamb stock cube but with less seasoning at the end)
- 25g cider vinegar
- 1tsp light brown sugar
- 10tsp Turkish Pul Biber flakes
- A good pinch of Salt
- JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE CHIPS - 1 SERVING
- 200g Jerusalem artichokes
Looking for the perfect Saturday night takeaway you can make at home. Try Kaan Akmanlar gorgeous open lamb Adana kebab with fresh flatbread. The perfect #SaturdayNightTreat
- Using an electric mixer, although it can be done by hand, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add 400ml of water slowly and knead it for 10 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the olive oil to shorten the dough and help it become more elastic, then combine it and knead for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Portion the flatbread into roughly 50g balls.
- Roll them out thinly with a rolling pin or a pasta machine
- Cook them individually in a non-stick frying pan on a high heat for around 8 seconds on the first side and slightly less on the second side.
- Once you have a few piled up wrap them tightly with cling film to keep them from drying out.
- It’s best to use them within the day but if wrapped tight they will freeze fine.
LAMB ADANA KEBAB
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and give a good mix.
- Divide into 8 equal balls.
- Roll into a sausage shape and put a skewer through the centre.
- With a bowl of water hold the skewer with one hand and with the wet hand start to shape into a longer sausage shape, down the skewer, using your thumb to pattern the kebab.
- Heat a grill on a medium heat and brush with a little oil.
- Cook the kebab on both sides for 3 minutes until you have a nice colour on each side, it’s then ready to serve.
- Heat a grill as hot as you can get it, oil the aubergines slightly and start to grill turning every couple of minutes.
- Once soft, place on a tray and wrap tightly with clingfilm
- When cooled, remove the soft flesh from the skin and place in a food processor with tahini, garlic and salt. Blend together, adding olive oil to emulsify it, until it’s the consistency of thick custard, but super smooth.
CUCUMBER, TOMATO, PARSLEY AND SUMAC SALSA
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl
- Mix together and serve.
KEBAB SHOP CHILLI SAUCE
- Sweat down the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and fresh chilli in a sauce pan with the oil until soft.
- Add tomatoes, lamb stock, Turkish Pul Biber flakes, vinegar and sugar.
- Let it cook away slowly, letting all the flavours develop, add salt to taste and then blend until super smooth.
JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE CHIPS
- Wash and scrub the artichokes with a green scouring pad and cut into quarters length ways.
- Boil or steam them until soft, drain them until dry.
- Place on a tray, then bake in a low oven at around 110 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Heat deep fat fryer to 180 degrees and then fry from frozen until golden brown and crispy.
- Season with salt and serve.
Get ready to plate…….
- Put the flat bread down first
- Add a good spoon of aubergine puree
- Add a couple of pieces of baby gem lettuce leaves, and a little pickled red cabbage.
- Then add the Adana Kebab
- Drizzle some of the mint yoghurt, chilli sauce and a spoonful of the salsa.
- Roll over the sides of the wrap and demolish.
- Serve the chips on the side.