- Butter for greasing
- 4 tbsp - golden syrup
- 8 slices - tinned pineapple in juice
- 16 - glace cherries
- 175g - self raising flour
- 100g - butter
- 100g - sugar
- 2 - large eggs
On this cold winter days you need something to make you smile. This Pineapple Upside Down Cake is comforting, tasty and easy to make. And if you need a pudding it’s perfect with custard.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. 160ºC fan/gas mark 4 and grease an 8” cake tin.
- Drizzle golden syrup on the bottom of the greased cake tin and arrange the pineapple slices to make a circular pattern
- Fill each pineapple ring with a gace cherry, then put one in each of the spaces in between the pineapples.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer, add the eggs in one at a time and gently fold in the self-raising flour.
- Pour this mixture carefully over the pineapple rings in the greased baking tin and spread it gently.
- Bake it in the oven for 35-40 minutes and enjoy!