- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 150g beef substitute
- 150g mushrooms, chopped
- 125ml red wine
- 300g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 100g borlotti beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large courgettes
- 25ml rapeseed oil
- 5g sea salt
- 25g fresh oregano leaves
- 60g parmesan, to finish
If you’re trying to incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet. Try creatively swapping out some meat with delicious plant-based proteins in your favourite meals, every effort counts. This recipe for ragu with spiralized courgette is a delicious meal for all the family.
- Make the ragu; sweat the garlic, onions, celery and carrot in a little oil and a large pinch of salt.
- Increase the heat, add the beef substitute, mushrooms and bay leaf and cook until browned.
- Add the wine and reduce by half.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 60 minutes. Then add the borlotti beans and continue to simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Using a spiralizer, shred the courgettes.
- When the ragu is ready, place the courgette spaghetti in a bowl and mix through the hot ragu.
- Portion into bowls and top with fresh parmesan and some fresh oregano leaves.