- Serves: 2
- 400g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, medium sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- half a glass good quality white wine
- Pinch of salt
- 300g linguine, cooked
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Panko breadcrumbs (lightly toasted), to garnish
- Parmesan, for the table
- Parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Pasta water (reserved from your cooked pasta), half a pint (you won’t need it all)
- 1⁄2 tsp red chilli, finely chopped
This Shrimp and courgette pasta is a super easy and delicious pasta dish you can prep in advance and cook in 10 minutes, allowing you to relax and enjoy the evening. Go through the knife work and set everything in separate bowls in the fridge ready to cook through.
- In a large pan/skillet, cook the shrimp in a little oil turning once, for approx. 3 mins (until cooked through). Transfer these to one side.
- To the pan, add a little more oil, then the courgette, butter and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the white wine and cook for a further 2 minutes, deglazing the pan stirring and scraping. Season with salt and add in the shrimp. Toss with the linguine, lemon zest, chilli, a good splash of the pasta water and chopped parsley to create a buttery white wine sauce.
- Finish with a scattering of your toasted panko breadcrumbs and serve with the parmesan.