- 286g Turkey breast, minced
- 86g Leeks, finely sliced
- 29g Rapeseed oil
- 1 Garlic cloves
- 143g Courgette, grated
- 57g Bread crumbs
- 6g Smoked paprika
- 4g Lemon zest
- 7g Table salt
- 4g Cornish sea salt
- 0.5g ground black pepper
- 11g parsley, chopped
- 4 Brioche Buns
Eat With The Earth In Mind
Love a burger but looking to reduce the amount of red meat you eat? Then this scrumptious turkey burger is perfect for you.
1. Start by adding the table salt to the grated courgette and give a good mix.
2. Leave this to marinate for about 30-40 mins.
3. Then using both hands squeeze all the liquid that releases from the courgette and set the grated
squeezed courgette aside until needed.
4. Heat the rapeseed oil to medium heat and add the sliced leek, garlic, and lemon zest and cook stirring regularly to prevent it from burning for about 8-10 until soft and translucent, once cooked set aside and allow to cool slightly.
5. Then mix all ingredients together until evenly incorporated.
6. Now you are ready to shape the burgers into the size and shape that you like. (160g raw = 14 portions).
7. Pan fry, chargrill or roast in a preheated hot oven until cooked or the core temperature reaches 75°C on a food probe.
8. Serve with cheese, relish, gherkins, salad, etc in a warm brioche bun.